From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam-Qt13gs6zZMY <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: RE: Slot index for a global param: -9876 !
Newsgroups: gmane.text.xml.saxon.help
Date: Tuesday 30th May 2006 12:41:00 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Florent Georges wrote:

  Hi

> I don't understand why there is such a strange index as a
> slot number for a global parameter.

  I identified the problem.  It is related to a param
declared in a module included in a second, in which a
variable of the same name is declared.  *And* if the first
module doesn't use the param.  *And* if trace is enabled.

  Here is a test case:

    ~> cat drafts/slot-1.xsl
    http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
        version="2.0">

    ~> cat drafts/slot-2.xsl
    http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
        version="2.0">

  As is, all is ok.  But if you suppress the use of $context
in the first module, as the following, and add the '-T'
option:

    ~> cat drafts/slot-1.xsl
    http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
        version="2.0">

    ~> saxon -T drafts/slot-2.xsl drafts/slot-2.xsl
    http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
            at
net.sf.saxon.instruct.Bindery.useGlobalParameter(Bindery.java:65)
            at
net.sf.saxon.instruct.GlobalParam.evaluateVariable(GlobalParam.java:37)
            at
net.sf.saxon.Controller.preEvaluateGlobals(Controller.java:1613)
            at
net.sf.saxon.Controller.transformDocument(Controller.java:1522)
            at net.sf.saxon.Controller.transform(Controller.java:1389)
            at net.sf.saxon.Transform.processFile(Transform.java:808)
            at net.sf.saxon.Transform.doTransform(Transform.java:478)
            at com.saxonica.Transform.main(Transform.java:45)
    Fatal error during transformation: -9876

  I didn't investigate further.

  Hope that helps.

  Regards,

--drkm

Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son
interface révolutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com