From: xweber <xweber.alex <at> googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: [cocoon-2.2.x] - How to trace what is going on
Newsgroups: gmane.text.xml.cocoon.user
Date: Friday 6th July 2007 10:35:31 UTC (over 10 years ago)
Grzegorz Kossakowski-3 wrote:

> xweber pisze:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a way to "trace" how the http request is proceed inside sitemap
>> &
>> co? Something like a debugger setting "verbose" or so to see with lines
>> are
>> proceeded.
>
> Cocoon has very robust logging that will give you even more you usually
> need. Setting log-level to DEBUG enable detailed logging.

Ok, I got something to look up for. Docs are not that clear for me (in the
first time), so here is a howto for whoever may want to get in same
problem:

create a "properties" subfolder in your block:
myBlock1/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/properties

create a new file in that folder that should have as ending ".properties"
e.g.
 settings.properties

inside that file let's have the line:
org.apache.cocoon.log4j.loglevel=debug

That's it - too easy once you know it.

now you will have really detailed information in:
myBlock1/target/work/log/log4j.log

I also noticed some exceptions on running  (but only visible in log) ->
btpool0-1 DEBUG xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver - Ignoring handler
[org.springframework.ejb.config.JeeNamespaceHandler]: class not found
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.ejb.config.JeeNamespaceHandler
btpool0-1 DEBUG xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver - Ignoring handler
[org.springframework.transaction.config.TxNamespaceHandler]: class not
found
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.transaction.config.TxNamespaceHandler
btpool0-1 DEBUG xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver - Ignoring handler
[org.springframework.scripting.config.LangNamespaceHandler]: class not
found
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.scripting.config.LangNamespaceHandler

is it something I have to worry about?

Alex

PS: just for the record:
First I tried to get debug logging enabled in "block" with using the
spring-configurator. Having this configured as it would be done in "webapp"
will let mvn jetty:run to stuck at startup. Is it normal behavior or should
this work and this is a possible bug?