From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke <at> gmx.de>
Subject: [OT] pronunciation (was: Broken caching of servlet: source in some cases)
Newsgroups: gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel
Date: Friday 20th April 2007 23:53:37 UTC (over 10 years ago)
On 20.04.2007 15:48, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:

>> Sorry, Grek, I didn't know this! Would be interesting to know how
>> your name is pronounced? Does one simply skip the first "z"?
>
> It would be too simple to just skip "z" ;-) Actually "rz" is one
> consonant and should be read as whole. Pronouncing is tricky because
> "rz" occurs two times and is pronounced  a little bit differently
> each time.

Also when you want to skip the z you probably want to apply German
pronunciation. I guess it's hard to tell for Grek if you can just skip
the z ;)

Actually I have a similar problem at the moment with the visa. Not so
much with pronunciation, but with spelling. Non-Germans tend to simplify
the รถ (o umlaut) to a plain o, while it actually must be oe. If I don't
get into the US at the end, you know why ;)

> I think, I'll need to provide a mp3 file some day because
> I really lack skills to explain it using plain, written English ;-)

Looking forward to it! :)

Joerg

CD: 4ms