From: Luca Morandini <luca.morandini1 <at> tin.it>
Subject: Re: [RT] Is Cocoon Obsolete?
Newsgroups: gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel
Date: Monday 3rd October 2005 12:26:24 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Luca Morandini wrote:
>
> often discussed here, very true - as much as we hate (to admit) it

;)

> Lets do a video like Rails [2], a picture says more than a thousand
> words, a video more than a thousand pictures! WDOT? Can something like
> this put us to shame or work in our advantage?

FWIW, my comments:

1) Videos are great communication tools, and nothing prevent us from
making them, I suppose.
2) This RoR video was good stuff, especially for people building simple,
self-contained apps.
3) I liked the ActiveRecords part, which is something we have to wait
for the Java community to respond to (as Sylvian noted earlier today).
4) I liked the Scaffold concept, which we may replicate: not just
samples, but ready-made apps to help people hit the ground running when
developing an app. I mean, we could have a "reporting scaffold", or a
"multi-channel publishing scaffold", or a "GIS scaffold" (you expected
that, didn't you ?).

Stop the presses ! I've just seen the first 30s of Andrew's
presentation... it looks great :)

Regards,

    Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it