From: Eli Bendersky <eliben <at> gmail.com>
Subject: FileInput exiting on IOError
Newsgroups: gmane.text.docutils.user
Date: Tuesday 28th December 2010 09:14:24 UTC (over 6 years ago)
I'm using docutils programmatically for converting ReST to HTML
(specifically
docutils.core.publish_from_doctree). Since the usage is programmatic
(controlled
by my application) I must have full control of exceptions for logging.
However,
I noticed that the FileInput class used by docutils for various purposes
exits
the application (sys.exit) when it can't find a file.

Reraising the IOError seems possible by passing in handle_io_errors=False,
but
no user-accessible publishing API seems to expose that.

Am I missing something, or is this a valid feature request?
Thanks in advance, and happy holidays

to consolidate database storage, standardize their database environment,
and,
without downtime or disruption
http://p.sf.net/sfu/oracle-sfdevnl

CD: 3ms