From: Chen Levy <mailist <at> chenlevy.com>
Subject: reStructuredText Wikipedia Page
Newsgroups: gmane.text.docutils.user
Date: Sunday 25th April 2010 09:35:39 UTC (over 7 years ago)
On April 19th 2010, the reStructuredText page on Wikipedia
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReStructuredText>
changed in the following ways:

The following text has been added:

  [Exclamation] This article may not meet the notability guideline for
  web content. Please help to establish notability by adding reliable,
  secondary sources about the topic. If notability cannot be
  established, the article is likely to be merged, redirected, or
  deleted. (April 2010)

  [Broom] This article is written like a manual or guidebook. Please
  help rewrite this article from a neutral point of view. (April 2010)

And the large "Tool Support" section was removed.

I just restored the "Tool Support" section from the revision history,
and added a note in the discussion page:

  The removal of the large "Tool Support" section (19:36, 19 April
  2010 [...]) IMHO, is a *bad* thing. This information is extremely
  useful. Let me argue that without tool support, a markup language is
  merely a thought experiment.

  This kind of compilation can't be found anywhere else. Insisting on
  form over substance diminishes the availability of knowledge, and I
  can't fathom how this serves the mission statement of Wikipedia.

  If, however, after the proper debate this section would be scheduled
  for removal, please indicate this change before making it, and allow
  this information to be archived elsewhere.

But it seem that Wikipedia is no longer a good place for information
about reST, so a new place (preferably a wiki) is needed to keep it.

Is there such a place?

Cheers,
Chen.