From: Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch <marc <at> rintsch.de>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Re: latex writer problem
Newsgroups: gmane.text.docutils.user
Date: Saturday 29th October 2005 12:27:45 UTC (over 11 years ago)
On Friday 28 October 2005 02:27, Alan G Isaac wrote:

> > And I'm not sure what impact the difference between "a
> > word" and "a bunch of characters" makes for the layout
> > engine.  Does LaTeX still know that "{f}{i}{s}{h}" is
> > a word, or is it just a bunch of characters with no spaces
> > inbetween?
>
> It's a word: ligatures arrive.
> But {-}{-} is different from --

With "{f}{i}{s}{h}" I get *fish* instead of *fish* from LaTeX.

> In any case, the writer is not giving us {f}{i}{s}{h}.

Ah, I missed the post with the example of `{}` just around spaces and
non-word characters.  Sorry for the noise.

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch
--
“A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong,
 which is saying, in other words, that he is wiser today

CD: 3ms