From: Konrad Hinsen <research-TMPnbQDBoqj3uN+rDzSBzuTW4wlIGRCZ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Make "time" optional?
Newsgroups: gmane.science.simulation.h5md.user
Date: Friday 11th July 2014 14:08:39 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Hi everyone,

Now that I have started to use H5MD seriously, I also start to notice
problems with it. One of them is the obligatory presence of a "time"
dataset. I want to store a Monte-Carlo trajectory which consists of a
sequence of configurations, but without any associated time values.
If I want to respect the H5MD specification, I have to make up
numbers, which is not a good habit to take.

Is there any reason why "time" was made obligatory?

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Saint Aubin - BP 48
91192 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France