From: Michael Snow <wikipedia-ihVZJaRskl1bRRN4PJnoQQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Site notices, bots, fundraising, etc.
Newsgroups: gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.misc
Date: Saturday 3rd June 2006 22:38:54 UTC (over 11 years ago)
The Communications committee is working on coordinating the use of
sitewide notices for Wikimedia projects. This is needed for the upcoming
fundraiser, as well as other potential announcements relevant to all
projects, such as Wikimania or technical issues like single login.

It's anticipated that we will use a bot to help update these messages,
which due to the nature of the pages being edited will need to have
universal sysop privileges. Rest assured that we won't be using it for
other sysop functions. Naturally, with all of these messages we will
need help with translation, ideally before they are distributed but also
after if necessary. Please let your projects know in case they have any
questions.

--Michael Snow
Chair, Wikimedia Communications Committee

CD: 3ms