From: Theresa Knott <theresaknott-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: No big deal?
Newsgroups: gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.english
Date: Thursday 15th June 2006 09:34:44 UTC (over 12 years ago)
On 6/15/06, Brian Salter-Duke
 wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 12:56:46PM +1000, Mark Gallagher wrote:
> >
> > G'day Guy,
> >
> > >Just when you think you've seen it all...
> > >
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_adminship/Herostratus
> >
> > >Others think that his use of non-standard warnings means he doesn't
> > >take vandalism seriously enough (does every admin have to be at the
> > >forefront of the fight against vandalism?)
> > >
> > >I can understand people choosing not to vote for admins they don't
> > >admire, but opposing on these weird grounds is... well, weird.
> >
> > Heck, using non-standard warnings (albeit perhaps not as flowery as the
> > one cited) is something to be admired, not complained about.
> >
> > We use the {{testN}} series far too often, and in cases where it's
> > inappropriate.  Admins being willing to think for themselves and treat
> > the people they speak to as human beings is a Good Thing.
>
> Entirely agree. I took a look at that RfA and thought "Why the hell do
> people apply to be admins. Nobody needs to put up with that much crap". i
> The process needs improving.

It's been getting gradually worse and worse.  Actually some of the
oppose votes are really getting my goat. To oppose someone because
they have a sense of humour? To oppose someone because they are
personable to vandals and newbies?  Who the fuck to  these people
think they are , and why are they  not banned from WP:RFA for
disruption?

(I know I'm ranting a bit but grrrr!!!  it really annoyes me)

Theresa