From: Gert Wollny <gw.fossdev-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: --with-cxx and nlopt.pc
Newsgroups: gmane.science.analysis.nlopt.general
Date: Wednesday 16th May 2012 17:40:48 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hi all,

the first version of Ubuntu packages of the library is ready:

https://launchpad.net/~gert-die/+archive/ppa-mia

They where build --without-cxx (for the reasons given before (see
below), this means no StoGo.

The Python package is for version 2.7 (I do not yet know how to build
packages for various Python versions simultaneously),
and the octave package is for 3.2.

Currently, there are packages for "oneiric" and "precise" (actually the
latter is just a copy of the first), and I haven't added debug packages
yet (maybe with the next release when the C++ issue is resolved?).

No guile or Matlab packages are available. If someone needs guile let me
know, I guess it's not too difficult to create the according package.

With Matlab you're on your own.

Try it out, comments welcome.

Cheers,
Gert