From: Anders Carlsson <andersca <at> apple.com>
Subject: Announcing WebKit2
Newsgroups: gmane.os.opendarwin.webkit.devel
Date: Thursday 8th April 2010 23:01:39 UTC (over 7 years ago)
Hello everyone,

This is a heads-up that we will shortly start landing patches for a new
WebKit framework that we at Apple have been working on for a while. We
currently call this new framework "WebKit2".

WebKit2 is designed from the ground up to support a split process model,
where the web content (JavaScript, HTML, layout, etc) lives in a separate
process. This model is similar to what Google Chrome offers, with the major
difference being that we have built the process split model directly into
the framework, allowing other clients to use it.

Some high-level documentation is available at http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKit2

Currently WebKit2 is available for Mac and Windows, and we would gladly
accept patches to add more ports.

We're more than happy to answer any questions you might have, and we hope
that this will be a topic of discussion at the WebKit Contributors Meeting.

Thanks,
Anders Carlsson and Sam Weinig.

CD: 3ms