From: Zeljko Vrba <zvrba <at> globalnet.hr>
Subject: hard kernel crash on NetBSD 2.0.2
Newsgroups: gmane.os.netbsd.devel.kernel
Date: Monday 31st October 2005 07:45:33 UTC (over 12 years ago)
So the scenario is following:

- become root, mount FAT32 partition
- cd to that partition

I was playing a bit with the p7zip archiver, which is multithreaded and due
some command-line options ran out of memory, but with a very strange
message
(invalid argument to system call).

Then I tried to ktrace it to see which system call is at fault, and the
machine
froze on me. Crashed HARD. Today when I came to work I saw the following
thing
on the console:

uvm_fault(0xd72a3c0c, 0, 0, 1) -> 0xe

As for kernel DDB, I have these options in the kernel:
options         DDB             # in-kernel debugger
options         DDB_ONPANIC=1   # see also sysctl(8): `ddb.onpanic'

DDB didn't start. I could do just hard reset.

CD: 3ms