From: Thorsten Glaser <tg-vpiyNrvJqjezQB+pC5nmwQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: "$@" vs. nounset
Newsgroups: gmane.os.miros.general
Date: Tuesday 7th July 2009 20:14:44 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Hi Chet,

I found this via a Debian bug; you wrote:
|The interpretation process went back and forth, and we finally decided
|that set -u will apply to references to every variable, parameter, and
|special parameter *except* $@ and $*.  That's going to be in the next
|revision of the standard.

I would like to get a confirmation that the next POSIX shell standard
will mandate this, because I maintain http://mirbsd.de/mksh which aims
to be at least pretty POSIX compatible (while not losing Korn Shell hi-
story though).

Hi David,

what will AT&T ksh93 do in this regard? Follow POSIX?

Thanks in advance to both of you for an answer.

Sincerely,
//mirabilos
when God enlightens him. Or only God invents algorithms, we merely copy
them.
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt

CD: 3ms