From: Sia Lang <silverlanguage-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: What's the status of Haiku?
Newsgroups: gmane.os.haiku.devel
Date: Wednesday 20th August 2014 16:26:17 UTC (over 3 years ago)
On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 6:02 PM, Ryan Leavengood

wrote:

> It is a lot to ask the Haiku community to abandon our current approach
> for what sounds like a prototype.

Totally agree, I'm not asking anyone to jump ship and join me.

I am however asking the Haiku community to consider if the kernel choice
made 14 years ago still makes sense. It's painful to leave a huge amount of
work behind in the dust, but there's still so much Haiku work that would
have a great life on top of a Linux or BSD based BeOS. With all the
up-sides mentioned before (busses and drivers abound!)

I would drop my project on the spot and contribute to Haiku instead.

Finally, I agree with your statement that I have something to prove. For
now, what I'm saying is that with only two months of sporadic work on a
BeAPI/Linux hybrid, things are looking rather promising.

Sia.

P.S. I'm not worried about the "identity" problem. An OS is an OS. Few
people think of VMS when using Windows, and even fewer think of Mach and
NetBSD when using OSX.

CD: 3ms