From: Sia Lang <silverlanguage-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: What's the status of Haiku?
Newsgroups: gmane.os.haiku.devel
Date: Monday 18th August 2014 14:23:46 UTC (over 4 years ago)
On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 4:06 PM, James Leone
 wrote:

> These guys have done fantastic and I think with a few minor decision
> changes this operating system would be much further along.

I absolutely agree that these guys are fantastic and do impressive work,
although in a misguided direction in my opinion.

I do not, however, agree that "minor decision changes" will cut it. Moving
the considerable efforts to a kit layer on top of Linux or BSD seems like
the only way to get *done* (with done meaning a healthy development- and
ecosystem with a maintainable and peer-reviewed kernel).

Which in the end is what matters to users.

Sia.

CD: 7ms