From: Charles Andres <charles.andres.wmch <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Fwd: [Chapters] Fwd: Re: QRpedia conclusion
Newsgroups: gmane.org.wikimedia.foundation.switzerland
Date: Tuesday 19th November 2013 08:52:34 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Charles ANDRES, Chief Science Officer
"Wikimedia CH" – Association for the advancement of free knowledge –
www.wikimedia.ch
Skype: charles.andres.wmch
IRC://irc.freenode.net/wikimedia-ch
http://prezi.com/user/Andrescharles/

Début du message transféré :

> Expéditeur: Chris Keating
> Date: 18 novembre 2013 19:53:19 UTC+1
> Destinataire: Wikimedia Chapters general discussions

> Objet: [Chapters] Fwd: Re: QRpedia conclusion
> Répondre à: Wikimedia Chapters general discussions - closed list

> For information, as I know many chapters have been interested in this.
>

> The board of Wikimedia UK is delighted to report that Roger Bamkin has
signed the final agreement which formally transfers ownership of the
intellectual property in QRpedia to Wikimedia UK. Accordingly, as of
yesterday all of the IP rights in QRPedia are held by Wikimedia UK.

> The final stage in the process is to get the Domain Name Registrars to
update their online domain name records to reflect the new ownership. This
is purely an administrative procedure which can now be initiated
immediately.

> We regret the delay in achieving this outcome for the community but we
are very happy that the technology has been secured for the global
Wikimedia community to use.  We would like to once again thank Roger and
Terence Eden for their generous donation of QRpedia intellectual property
rights and for their patience during the process.