From: Edison Nica <edisonn-VRRdf1sQ6yw <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Backlinks TO Wikipedia
Newsgroups: gmane.org.wikimedia.analytics
Date: Sunday 29th November 2015 15:56:13 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hi,

I am interested to know if wikipedia makes public how many backlinks each
page gets.

I am working on a search for wikipedia, and I as you would expect, it
sucks.

So I went and tested same searches directly on wikipedia, and no offence,
they suck even more.

So I went on Google, and performed same searches, with the added
site:wikipedia.org, and Google was a little bit better (although not much
compared with my 1-day-development-seach-engine).

I want to make my wikipedia search better, and having a table that would
tell me how many non-wikipedia pages point to a certain wikipedia page,
might improve my algorithm.

Anyone knows if wikipedia publishes such data?

Thank you!
Edison Nica
Http://www.0pii.com
[email protected]