From: Silvan Scherrer <silvan.scherrer <at> aroa.ch>
Subject: Qt 4 application and UI framework for eCS, OS/2
Newsgroups: gmane.org.netlabs.community
Date: Friday 24th April 2009 12:02:12 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Qt 4 application and UI framework for eCS, OS/2

Qt is a cross-platform application and UI framework. Using Qt, you can
write applications once and deploy them across many desktop and embedded
operating systems without rewriting the source code. (See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_(toolkit)

A few years ago netlabs.org hired Dmitry A. Kuminov (aka dmik) to port
version 3 of the toolkit to the eCS and OS/2 platform. This port is
working well and made it possible to port many applications to our
platform.

Some time ago Qt 4 got introduced and more and more applications are
using this version of the toolkit by now. To make sure we can port those
applications again, we have to invest some more work into the eCS and
OS/2 port, as Qt 4 redid a lot of things from scratch. Dmitry offererd
us to work on the port again, our goal would be to hire him for about 5
months, but we cannot do that ourself without help from the community.

We do have some money in the queue but it's not enough yet. If you would
like to contribute to this port, you are welcome to buy a sponsoring
unit for that at Mensys, 100% of that money will be transferred to
netlabs.org.

Silvan Scherrer will coordinate the work for this port and Dmitry will
do the programming.

Some applications that by now use Qt 4: VirtualBox, SMPlayer, Psi,
Scribus, LyX and many more.

The Mensys sponsor link is:
http://shop.mensys.nl/cgi-bin/db2www/mnl_art2.d2w/report?catname=NetlabsQT4

CD: 4ms