From: Simon Wunderlich <simon.wunderlich-Y4E02TeZ33kaBlGTGt4zH4SGEyLTKazZ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: The B.A.T.M.A.N. project endorses the Battle of the Mesh v6
Newsgroups: gmane.org.freifunk.batman
Date: Tuesday 5th February 2013 14:01:26 UTC (over 5 years ago)
The Wireless Battle of the Mesh[1] is an event that aims to bring together
people from across the globe to test the performance of different routing
protocols for ad-hoc networks, like Babel, B.A.T.M.A.N., BMX, OLSR, and
802.11s. Of course, new protocols (working on OpenWRT[2]) are always
welcome!

This year the even will take place from Monday 15th till Sunday 21st of
April
at the University of Aalborg, Denmark.

The B.A.T.M.A.N. project endorses and supports the Battle of the Mesh v6
because of the efforts made by its community to advance the field of
wireless
mesh networking and foster the development of grassroots community
networks.
As last year, many members of the B.A.T.M.A.N. team will gather at the
event
to attend the B.A.T.M.A.N. developer meeting and present, discuss and
experiment with new ideas. Above all, we are all looking forward to connect
with interesting people at this event!

The B.A.T.M.A.N. project will support the event by:

 * help to promote the event
 * numerous members of the B.A.T.M.A.N. community have already confirmed
   their attendance
 * co-fund travel costs for attendees from South America
 * give talks about advancement of our community in certain aspects
 * help setting up testbed for protocol testing

Of course, we are available for discussions, ideas, and live tests!

Many other communities endorse and support the Wireless Battle of The Mesh
v6,
an up to date list of the endorsers[3] of the Battlemesh v6 can be found at
the
main Battlemesh website[4].

Happy routing,
The B.A.T.M.A.N. team