From: Evan Prodromou <evan-zXN58WaLIl/N9bQgM1pvpg <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: ANN: First Wikitravel guidebooks available for sale
Newsgroups: gmane.org.creativecommons.general
Date: Friday 1st February 2008 15:48:48 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Hi, everyone. I just wanted to let interested people know that our first
two Wikitravel Press guidebooks are now available for sale. Announcement
here:

        http://wikitravelpress.com/pr/20080201

Wikitravel Press is a company started by the Wikitravel founders to make
printed guidebooks based on Wikitravel (http://wikitravel.org/) content.
The books are available under the Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike license, just like Wikitravel itself.

I hope that people interested in Free Cultural Works and Creative
Commons will find this development encouraging. Please take a look at
our books, buy one if you like (please!), and spread the word about WTP
to your friends who love to travel.

-Evan

P.S. We're actively seeking writers and editors who can develop new
titles from Wikitravel content. We're open to varying levels of
familiarity with wikis, travel writing, and Wikitravel, so please pass
along our contact page: http://wikitravelpress.com/contact
.

CD: 5ms