Home
Reading
Searching
Subscribe
Sponsors
Statistics
Posting
Contact
Spam
Lists
Links
About
Hosting
Filtering
Features Download
Marketing
Archives
FAQ
Blog
 
Gmane
From: =?UTF-8?Q?Samuli_Sepp=c3=a4nen?= <samuli <at> openvpn.net>
Subject: Re: Topics for today's (Monday, 9th Nov 2015) community meeting
Newsgroups: gmane.network.openvpn.devel
Date: Monday 9th November 2015 21:13:23 UTC (over 2 years ago)
Hi,

Here's the summary of today's IRC meeting.

---

COMMUNITY MEETING

Place: #openvpn-devel on irc.freenode.net
Date: Monday 9th Nov 2015
Time: 20:00 CET (19:00 UTC)

Planned meeting topics for this meeting were here:

<https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/Topics-2015-11-09>

The next meeting has not been scheduled yet, but will probably be 
arranged two weeks from now.

Your local meeting time is easy to check from services such as

<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock>

SUMMARY

cron2, lev, mattock, valdikss and syzzer participated in this meeting.

---

Discussed setting up a Flattr account for receiving donations. It was 
agreed that it makes sense, but it was not clear who would take care of 
the money, and how exactly the money would be distributed. Cron2 
suggested using the money to sponsor the developer hackathons, which 
have proven quite useful. Mattock will discuss this internally at the 
company to see if the company could hold the money.


--

Discussed PolarSSL end-of-life, which is due on 31st December 2015. 
Because very few package-based Linux distributions provide "OpenVPN with 
PolarSSL" packages, we'll simply drop PolarSSL 1.2 support from OpenVPN 
when the time comes. Source-based distributions probably don't have an 
issue with us dropping PolarSSL 1.2 support, as their users can link to 
1.3 easily at compile time.

--

Discussed setting up Travis-CI and Coverity for OpenVPN. It was agreed 
that this is a good idea. Syzzer will do some testing in his own GitHub 
fork of OpenVPN and when it works, we'll migrate the configuration to 
the official GitHub repository.

--

Discussed the OpenVPN 2.3.9 release. The Windows 10 DNS fix from 
valdikss should be included. ValdikSS will provide a separate patch for 
2.3 and Git "master". We will aim at releasing 2.3.9 with PolarSSL 1.2 
at the end of this month, and 2.3.10 with PolarSSL 1.3 about two weeks 
after that.

--

Discussed the "​Use adapter index instead of name" patch:

<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.openvpn.devel/10361>

Lev will look into the correct syntax for the interface definition and 
get back.

--

Discussed the "​Support for disabled peer-id" patch:

<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.openvpn.devel/10216>

Syzzer promised to review this patch.

--

Discussed the "​Notify clients about server's exit/restart" patch:

<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.network.openvpn.devel/9496/focus=10278>

This has already been ACKed by Arne and will be merged soon.

--

Discussed the query username/password patches from dazo. Cron2 promised 
to review them tomorrow evening.

--

Discussed the "When --disable is set for a client, the server never 
replies to the client." ticket:

<https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/ticket/521>

Mattock sent the reporter an email, asking him to test the patch dazo 
had provided.

---

Full chatlog has been attached to this email.

-- 
Samuli Seppänen
Community Manager
OpenVPN Technologies, Inc

irc freenode net: mattock
 
CD: 3ms