From: Gerald Combs <gerald <at> wireshark.org>
Subject: Major announcement
Newsgroups: gmane.network.ethereal.user
Date: Wednesday 7th June 2006 22:06:26 UTC (over 11 years ago)
I recently accepted a job with CACE Technologies, best known for
WinPcap.  This means that I get to work with Loris Degioanni and
Gianluca Varenni, and that my wife and I get to raise our daughter in
Davis, CA.

The move also means a major change for the project.  We're continuing
development under the name "Wireshark", at http://www.wireshark.org/ .
The web site, mailing lists, bug tracker, SVN repository, buildbot, and
other resources are already in place.  All recent source code
submissions have been checked into the new repository, and automated
builds are available at http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/
.

The next version of Wireshark will be 0.99.1.  A prerelease version,
0.99.1pre1, is available for downlowoad right now at
http://www.wireshark.org/download/
.

CD: 3ms