From: Carter Bullard <carter <at> qosient.com>
Subject: Re: latest argus?
Newsgroups: gmane.network.argus
Date: Wednesday 15th March 2006 14:47:53 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Gentle people,
     So its great to see there is interest!!!!   I was hoping to make
the
code available for testing in two waves, but that is not going to
be practical, after talking to the powers that be.  Argus-3.0 uses
some gargoyle technology, and  as  a result, we're having to go
through the code to scrub it very well, and in doing that, argus
and the clients will be ready at the same time.   Bottom line is
that it will take some time to scrub it all, so hopefully in a 2-3
weeks, we'll have it ready for first test.

    Argus and the clients are going to be the same program set as
argus-2.0
plus one program.
       argus
       ra
       racount
       ragator (renamed racluster)
       ragraph
       ragrep
       rapolicy
       rarpwatch
       rasplit (added program)
       rasort
       rastrip
       ratop
       raxml

    I won't be able to provide ranonymize() or rapath() in the first
wave,
    and the other programs are pretty much integrated into the other
    programs (rahosts, ramon, rasrvstats)

    The contrib perl code will have to be redone, but hopefully that
will
    not be hard, since the output is pretty much the same (some format
    changes, column name changes, but not anything huge).

Any opinions about the list above?

Best Regards,

Carter

CD: 3ms