From: Carter Bullard <carter <at> qosient.com>
Subject: Re: "make install" no longer installs raips/raplot?
Newsgroups: gmane.network.argus
Date: Thursday 30th October 2014 14:56:44 UTC (over 2 years ago)
Hey Doug,
Yes, this should be correct behavior.  raips and raplot are incomplete,
and should not be installed, no man page, etc… raips doesn’t run right
now, But they are being worked on/transitioned/modified/whatever it
is that we’re doing with them.

If this is an issue, holler, and we’ll make a change …
Hopefully the security onion is all and well, and you are the same !!!

Carter

> On Oct 30, 2014, at 10:35 AM, Doug Burks  wrote:
>
> Hi Carter and all,
>
> I'm working on new Argus packages for Security Onion.  In comparing
> Argus 3.0.8 to Argus 3.0.6, I noticed that Argus 3.0.8 no longer
> installs raips and raplot.  It looks like the Makefile performs the
> "make" step for each of these, but there is no "make install".
>
> For example, if I look at examples/rahosts/Makefile.in, it looks like
> we install rahosts, but not raips:
>
> install: force all
>        [ -d $(DESTDIR)$(BINDIR) ] || \
>                (mkdir -p $(DESTDIR)$(BINDIR); chmod 755
$(DESTDIR)$(BINDIR))
>        $(INSTALL) $(INSTALLBIN)/rahosts $(DESTDIR)$(BINDIR)
>
> Likewise, if I look at examples/ragraph/Makefile.in, it looks like we
> install ragraph, but not raplot:
>
> install: force all
>        [ -d $(DESTDIR)$(BINDIR) ] || \
>                (mkdir -p $(DESTDIR)$(BINDIR); chmod 755
$(DESTDIR)$(BINDIR))
>        $(INSTALL) $(INSTALLBIN)/ragraph $(DESTDIR)$(BINDIR)
>
> Questions:
>
> Am I reading this correctly?
>
> Is this intentional?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Doug Burks
> Need Security Onion Training or Commercial Support?
> http://securityonionsolutions.com

CD: 3ms