From: Ashish SHUKLA <ashish.is-xDe9EDckjEKzQB+pC5nmwQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Migrated to OpenSMTPD from Postfix
Newsgroups: gmane.mail.opensmtpd.general
Date: Sunday 27th January 2013 20:30:32 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Hi,

I just finished migrating my local MTA (which used to run Postfix) to
OpenSMTPD.

Following is how it works:

My MTA relays through smarthosts (my personal MTAs, and work MTA) depending
on
envelope sender (`sender_dependent_relayhost_maps').

All locally generated inbound emails (system-generated) are delivered over
LMTP to Dovecot.

All external emails are fetchmail-ed and delivered over LMTP to Dovecot.

Dovecot processes them through Sieve and files them into various mdbox
folders.

Following is the corresponding OpenSMTPD configuration which does
equivalent,
except it uses Dovecot LDA:

listen on lo0
expire 3d

table aliases db:/usr/local/etc/mail/aliases.db
table secrets db:/usr/local/etc/mail/secrets.db
table personal { "[email protected]",
"[email protected]" }

accept for local alias  deliver to mda
"/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -o
mail_location=mdbox:%{user.directory}/.mdbox -f %{sender}"

# my personal accounts
accept from local sender  for any relay via smtp://localhost:8027

# my another personal account but goes through different MTA
accept from local sender [email protected] for
any relay via smtp://localhost:8025

# my work account
accept from local sender [email protected] for
any relay via tls+auth://[email protected]:8026 auth

"-o mail_location=mdbox:%{user.directory}/.mdbox" is not OpenSMTPD's fault,
but something messed up with Dovecot setup, which I need to look.

This works great (so far! ;)), and the configuration seems closer to
English. :)

Thanks
--
Ashish SHUKLA

“Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile.” ("Karl Lehenbauer")

Sent from my Emacs

CD: 3ms