From: Jameson Graef Rollins <jrollins-2coccts28otqacep7mIAWl6hYfS7NtTn <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: decryption error for signed+encrypted messages
Newsgroups: gmane.mail.notmuch.general
Date: Friday 4th November 2011 18:00:19 UTC (over 5 years ago)
I just wanted to note on-list that I've run into what I think is a GMIME
bug having to do with encrypted messages.  I think this has been
mentioned on IRC, but I wanted to document it here (so that we can tag
it with our new bug tracker!).

Decryption of messages that are both signed and encrypted seems to fail
if the signers key is not present in the users keyring.  I don't see any
reason why decryption should fail, since it shouldn't have anything to
do with the signer.  The message should decrypt, and there should only
be a signature verification error.

I haven't checked to see if this has been reported upstream or not.
I'll try to look into it.

jamie.

CD: 2ms