From: Mark Walters <markwalters1009-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: reply to messages with message/rfc822 parts
Newsgroups: gmane.mail.notmuch.general
Date: Tuesday 10th September 2013 09:12:00 UTC (over 3 years ago)
Hello

I was trying to reply to a message I had forwarded to someone (to update
the information sent in the first message) and came across some strange
behaviour.

The initial forward was done using notmuch-emacs: this took the message
and sent it as a message/rfc822 mimetype complete message. Since I had
added some text at the top this meant the message as a whole was
multipart/mixed with my text/plain at the top and the message/rfc822
below.

Then I tried to reply to this message and the text/plain part was
included in the reply but the message/rfc822 part was not. In this case
the message/rfc822 just had headers and a text/plain subpart so I would
have expected it to be included.

I imagine we actually want to recurse into the message/rfc822 part
including relevant subparts. I tried tweaking notmuch-mua.el to do this
but, so far, I have failed. (I will have another look)

Best wishes

Mark

CD: 3ms