From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg-QLrU/DhXBlmnlhUoGqYIEF6hYfS7NtTn <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: forwarding multiple messages from notmuch emacs
Newsgroups: gmane.mail.notmuch.general
Date: Tuesday 23rd April 2013 16:33:34 UTC (over 4 years ago)
hi notmuch folks--

i'd like to be able to forward several messages from a given thread (up
to and including the whole thread) to someone else.  I use
notmuch-emacs.

I don't think it's possible to do this at the moment;
notmuch-show-forward-message just forwards the message where the point
is located, even if the current region covers more than one message.

I'd be happy to have a notmuch-show-forward-thread or
notmuch-show-forward-all-expanded-messages or
notmuch-show-forward-messages-from-region capability, but my elisp-fu is
weak.  I'd be happy to test if someone wanted to send me a patch though
:)

Background: one of the reasons that people often give for the terrible
e-mail practice of top-posting-with-all-previous-messages-trailing is
that they want to be able to send a message to someone else and have
them be able to see the whole thread (never mind that these kind of
reverse-chronological forwarded messages are difficult to read).  I'd
like to be able to respond to those claims with something like
"reasonable MUAs should let you easily forward all messages in a thread
if you want to catch someone up."

I consider notmuch-emacs a reasonable MUA :)

thanks everyone for notmuch,

        --dkg

CD: 3ms