From: cyrus_daboo <daboo-D09NFJOQBFg7lZ9V/NTDHw <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Mulberry is back!
Newsgroups: gmane.mail.mulberry.info
Date: Saturday 19th August 2006 23:25:44 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Hi folks,
Finally, after much effort, I have regained the rights to Mulberry and am
making it
available for free as of today. See:

<http://www.mulberrymail.com>

Some things to note:

1) It is free to anyone - no registration codes needed.

2) A new v4.0.5 version is available on the website. This simply removes
the registration
requirement and updates copyright notices etc.

3) There is no formal support for the product as there was before. Instead
'community'
support via mailing lists and other resources will be used. I will make a
best effort to
respond in a timely fashion to issues, but see note (4) below.

4) This effort is purely a personal one on my part - all the work I do on
this is being done
in my (limited) spare time.

5) It is free but not open source. That's an issue that we can discuss
moving forward...

6) Also, major new features/revisions etc are out of the question right now
(though I have
a few pet projects that were being worked on before and which I will likely
continue). Fixes
to existing problems will be done as time allows. Hopefully if we find a
way of dealing with
issue (5) that may change - but that's really going to depend on the level
of interest from
people willing to commit their own time to this as opposed to one of the
other open
source equivalents.

Hopefully those of you still using Mulberry and hoping to continue to do so
for a while at
least will find this good news.

--
Cyrus Daboo