From: NM Public <agorae+--mulberry-info-+3INm7H0pwzte67Vlm3bGQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: LDAP on Tuffmail
Newsgroups: gmane.mail.mulberry.info
Date: Monday 15th May 2006 20:23:48 UTC (over 11 years ago)
> From: Jannik Lindquist

> Date-Sent: 15 May 2006 21:55:53 +0200
>
> Hi,
>
> Anybody here with a Tuffmail-account? Tuffmail now has
> LDAP-support. The directions for setting it up are at:
>
> <http://status.tuffmail.net/>
>
> They are far from clear to me, though...

I'm using it and so far am very happy to be sharing my Tuffmail
address book with Mulberry, SeaMonkey Suite, and of course the
Tuffmail webmail clients. Here's what I've got in my Mulberry
LDAP account setup:

 Authentication:
  UserID:
   cn=username_deflexion.com,ou=auth,dc=mxes,dc=net

 Attributes 1:
  Root:
   ou=username_deflexion.com,ou=ab,dc=mxes,dc=net

You need to replace username_deflexion.com with your
username_yourdomain.name. Everything else I left in its default
state.

This great new Tuffmail feature inspired me to write this blog
item, which I just posted today:

Server-Side Address Books and Server-Side Greenlists
<http://deflexion.com/2006/05/server-side-address-books-and-server>

If anyone knows of any other IMAP service providers who offer
LDAP, please let me know. I know that IMAP-Partners.net and
LuxSci.com do, but I'm looking for more.

Using LDAP with Mulberry has reminded me what a great
standards-based email client Mulberry is!
Nancy

--
 Nancy McGough
 Infinite Ink: <http://www.ii.com/>

Protect your PC from spy ware with award winning anti spy technology. It's
free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/NhFolB/TM