From: Terje Norderhaug <terje-M3Gj+hvk7k9dz2imjWt+ww <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Updating the MCL 5.2 distribution
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.mcl.general
Date: Thursday 10th April 2008 19:49:05 UTC (over 9 years ago)
On Apr 7, 2008, at 2:03 PM, [email protected]
wrote:
> At 12:56 PM -0700 08/04/07, Terje Norderhaug wrote:
>> [...] transparently integrate the Clozure CL compiler into the
>> MCL IDE, with a protocol to make calls and pass data between the MCL
>> environment and the Clozure environment.
>
> That could be brilliant!

I am sure you all have noted that the MCL Swank Client is a step
towards integrating the OpenMCL/ClozureCL compiler into the MCL
IDE... It's becoming like having two LISP environments in one,
bringing OpenMCL back home!

The MCL Swank Client is already a proof of concept of an application
with the user interface provided in MCL and part of the non-interface
programming ("business logic") running in an integrated ClozureCL
environment.

Imagine MCL running on Intel under Rosetta, integrating an Intel-
native ClozureCL environment. That would give us the best of two
worlds and a smooth transition path for MCL and MCL applications to
run on Intel.

-- Terje Norderhaug