From: Andrew Shalit <alms-duOd456sFkNBDgjK7y7TUQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Clozure CL IDE for Tiger
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.mcl.general
Date: Friday 19th October 2007 16:06:40 UTC (over 11 years ago)
A demonstration version of Clozure CL's IDE is available for download at
ftp://clozure.com/pub/testing/ClozureCL-PPC-Tiger.dmg

We are calling this a demonstration version for a couple of reasons:

(a) we are still figuring out how best to package this up for
distribution.
So, for example, the sources aren't included in this package (they
have to be downloaded separately), you can't use this to rebuild
itself, etc.
(b) it still has bugs and it is still missing features.

Even with those limitations, though, we decided to make it available
to MCL users to give you a sense of where we are and where we are
headed with our initial OpenMCL IDE.  We welcome your comments
and contributions.  (Remember, it's open source.)

A couple small examples of Macintosh programming with Clozure CL
are linked below.

This version runs on Tiger on the PPC.  We'll make an Intel-64
version available once Leopard is released.

Text of the ReadMe file follows

*****

Clozure CL (PPC Tiger) is a demonstration version of the integrated
development environment (IDE) for Common Lisp currently being
developed by
Clozure Associates.

("Clozure CL" is the new name for OpenMCL. We are currently
transitioning
to the new name;  You'll see a lot of references to OpenMCL until that
  transition is complete.)

Clozure CL (PPC Tiger) runs on Power PC-based Macintoshes running OS X
version 10.4 (Tiger).  We also have a version that runs on Intel-64,
but it
requires Leopard so it won't be released until Leopard is released.

A small Cocoa example that runs in Clozure CL is available at
http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/wiki/CocoaBridge

For those who don't want to see the Objective C interface, a
small EasyGUI example is available at
http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/wiki/EasyGuiCurrencyConverter

The source code for Clozure CL is available at
http://openmcl.clozure.com

This is an open source project.  You can make it better by
contributing your testing, your bug reports, and your code!

Note that the process for building the standalone version of Clozure CL
is undergoing a period of rapid change and isn't currently documented.
That will change soon.