From: Edi Weitz <edi <at> weitz.de>
Subject: Some CAPI demos
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.lispworks.general
Date: Wednesday 2nd January 2013 13:16:16 UTC (over 4 years ago)
Happy New Year everybody!

In the last year, I've written (in Lisp, of course) quite a few small
demos for my students.  None of them is in any way new or spectacular
(although I like the Mandelbrot one quite a bit), but they are all
full-blown delivered executables (most of them for Windows, Linux, and
Mac OS) showing a variety of CAPI features.  So I thought I'd upload
some of them to my website in case someone wants to have a look at
them.  Here are the first four:

  http://weitz.de/mandelbrot/
  http://weitz.de/aco/
  http://weitz.de/hanoi/
  http://weitz.de/turing/

They haven't seen much testing yet, so if you come across something
that's fishy or doesn't work as advertised, I'd be happy if you could
send me a short email.

The upshot in terms of Lisp evangelism has been quite good, BTW.  Most
of the students have only been exposed to Java and scripting languages
so far and there are always some who express an immediate interest in
learning more about CL.

More to come... :)

Cheers,
Edi.