From: Dave Fox <davef <at> lispworks.com>
Subject: Release of LispWorks 6.1
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.lispworks.general
Date: Friday 27th January 2012 13:05:56 UTC (over 5 years ago)
LispWorks Ltd is pleased to announce the release of LispWorks 6.1 on
Windows, Macintosh, Linux, FreeBSD, x86/x64 Solaris, SPARC/Solaris and
HP-UX platforms.

LispWorks 6.1 brings these new features:

* Environment access API (augment-environment etc)
* High-quality drawing on all platforms including anti-aliasing.
* Native printing on GTK+
* Some support for input methods
* Writing image files (JPEG, PNG, TIFF etc)
* Drag'n'drop improvements on GTK+
* capi:browser-pane on Windows and Cocoa
* Support for multiple monitors
* Further extensions to the multiprocessing API
* IPv6 support in sockets
* Foreign blocks in the FLI.
* ASDF2 included
* 64-bit implementation for FreeBSD
* Improved documentation and more example code
* Various other new features, enhancements in CAPI and improvements in
  the IDE
* Many bug fixes

Not all features are supported for every LispWorks product and
platform. For details please see the feature table at

  http://www.lispworks.com/products/features.html

LispWorks 6.1 Professional and Enterprise Editions continue to offer
excellent value with no runtime license fees. An annual maintenance
contract is available.

More details of the improvements in this release can be found in the
Release Notes at

  http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/lw61/RNIG/html/readme-292.htm

Prices
------
Pricing information for LispWorks 6.1 is at

  http://www.lispworks.com/buy/prices.html

Owners of current LispWorks maintenance contracts are entitled to free
upgrades to LispWorks 6.1. We will contact you by email with your
upgrade information. If you are entitled to the upgrade and do not
receive our email today, please tell us at [email protected]

Ordering
--------
Order LispWorks 6.1 here:

  http://www.lispworks.com/buy/

Evaluation Licenses
-------------------
To evaluate LispWorks 6.1 prior to a possible purchase, please see:

  http://www.lispworks.com/buy/evaluation.html

LispWorks 6.1 Personal Edition
------------------------------
LispWorks 6.1 Personal Edition will be released later in 2012.

Contact LispWorks Ltd
---------------------
For product information, evaluation licenses, sales and service
renewals contact us at:

  http://www.lispworks.com/buy
  [email protected]

For technical support contact us at:

  http://www.lispworks.com/support

Dave Fox
LispWorks Ltd
St John's Innovation Centre, Cowley Road
Cambridge CB4 0WS
England
http://www.lispworks.com/

LispWorks Ltd is registered in England, company number 5114963.  The
company's registered address is c/o Streets Whitmarsh Sterland LLP,
62 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1LA (but customers and suppliers should
write to our office address above).  LispWorks Ltd is registered for
VAT with EC VAT ID: GB 833329531

CD: 4ms