From: Dave Fox <davef <at> lispworks.com>
Subject: Re: Mac Apps
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.lispworks.general
Date: Monday 1st November 2010 17:23:47 UTC (over 6 years ago)
> Will it be possible to build applications with LispWorks for the
 > Mac App store?

After a quick read through of the Mac App Store Review Guidelines, we
don't see any obvious technical obstacle here, other than that
compliance with the Apple Human Interface Guidelines may require some
substantial work (which you were doing anyway, of course :)

To address one particular technical requirement (review guidelines,
Functionality 2.5), we can confirm that a LispWorks 6.0 runtime does
not use any non-public Apple APIs (unless your application code does).

Looking at the Mac Developer Program License Agreement there is a
requirement that the application be signed with an Apple
certificate. You would create a LispWorks runtime with

  (DELIVER ... :SPLIT T)

to allow signing. We've not actually tried doing that with an Apple
certificate.

As for licensing, there's nothing in the LispWorks EULA which prevents
you from distributing a LispWorks runtime via the Mac App store. You
will need to provide a license agreement for your application which
meets the requirements of both LispWorks Ltd (as in our EULA) and
Apple Inc.

--
Dave Fox
LispWorks Ltd

LispWorks Ltd is registered in England, company number 5114963.  The
company's registered address is c/o Streets Whitmarsh Sterland LLP,
62 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1LA (but customers and suppliers should
write to our office address above).  LispWorks Ltd is registered for
VAT with EC VAT ID: GB 833329531

CD: 3ms