From: Pascal Costanza <pc <at> p-cos.net>
Subject: Presentation at European Lisp Symposium...
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.lispworks.general
Date: Sunday 25th April 2010 13:17:58 UTC (over 7 years ago)
Hi,

This may be interesting for LispWorks users: I am going to give a tutorial
on parallel programming in Common Lisp at the European Lisp Symposium,
which takes place in Lisbon, Portugal on May 6-7, 2010. While I will try to
give a general overview of the field, including the various parallel
programming approaches, I will primarily use the multiprocessing facilities
of LispWorks as examples. The reason is that I consider the support for SMP
in LispWorks as the most advanced and most well-thought out one of the
Common Lisp implementations I checked (including Clozure and SBCL, but not
yet Allegro Common Lisp, who don't offer SMP yet, so their APIs may still
change considerably - at least that's what I would expect), and maybe even
of any Lisp dialect (yes, including Clojure ;).

Here is the link for the symposium: http://www.european-lisp-symposium.org/

Cheers,
Pascal

--