From: Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell-VkGw2YyLwTCa/A/roGhosh2eb7JE58TQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Next step with Cygwin
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.ecl.general
Date: Wednesday 6th August 2008 00:45:18 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Trying to get Cygwin to work too, partly because I like it a lot
more, and partly to help you guys out.

Again, I'm trying to get CLOCC working, but in this case it's a lot
more clear-cut: I can't get it to compile anything at all.

What I'm running is:

(in-package :cl-user)
(setq *clocc-root* "c:/cygwin/home/rpowell/tui/clocc/")
(compile-file (concatenate 'string *clocc-root* "clocc"))

Output depends on what --prefix argument I gave to configure:

None:

    An error occurred during initialization:
    LOAD: Could not load file #P"/usr/local/lib/ecl/cmp.fas" (Error: "No
such file or directory").

Cygwin-style --prefix=/cygdrive/c/cygwin/home/rpowell/ecl-bin:

    LOAD: Could not load file
#P"/cygdrive/c/cygwin/home/rpowell/ecl-bin/lib/ecl/cmp.fas" (Error: "No
such file or directory")
    Broken at SI:BYTECODES.No restarts available.
    Broken at SI:BYTECODES.

Windows-style --prefix='c:\\cygwin\\home\\rpowell\\ecl-bin':

    An error occurred during initialization:
    Filesystem error with pathname #P"SYS:cmp.NEWEST".
    Either
     1) the file does not exist, or
     2) we are not allow to access the file, or
     3) the pathname points to a broken symbolic link..

I've tried a few things in between, too; in no case have I been able
to get ecl/cmp.fas (which *is* there) to load.

-Robin

--
Lojban Reason #17: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://singinst.org/