From: Don Cohen <don-sourceforge-xxzw <at> isis.cs3-inc.com>
Subject: Re: using pathnames containing wildcard characters
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.clisp.general
Date: Thursday 2nd February 2012 21:33:31 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Sam Steingold writes:

 > > A work around?
 > use strings, syscalls/stdio, and make-stream from the fd.

On rereading I'm not clear on what you had in mind here.
Where do I get an fd for a file that I can't open?
And how do strings help?

One work around that I find useful is
 (ext:run-program "mv" :arguments (list wildcardname nonwildcardname))
then read the nonwildcardname file, or write it and then mv it back.

P.S.
Info says under
13.4 `touch': Change file timestamps
Some operating systems and file systems support a fourth time: the
birth time, when the file was first created;
by definition, this timestamp never changes.

Also, sorry about resubmitting the last bug report