From: Don Cohen <don-sourceforge-xxzw <at> isis.cs3-inc.com>
Subject: Re: using pathnames containing wildcard characters
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.clisp.general
Date: Wednesday 1st February 2012 18:53:39 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Sam Steingold writes:

 > http://clisp.podval.org/impnotes/syscalls.html#file-tree-walk

This also solves my CR vs LF problem (the file names it returns
don't replace CRs with LFs or vice versa).
I guess that means it doesn't process the file names with any
encodings.  It also uses strings instead of lisp pathnames to
represent those file names.
Just the thing I need.
Yay!

The doc says fd-limit defaults to 5 but not what it means/controls.
It would also be useful if the depth could be controlled, i.e.,
only call the function with last argument less than some argument.
(I'd have called that argument depth.)
I wonder when one would want to use the current depth argument.
It seems possibly equally or more useful to report directories before
those things in it.