From: Don Cohen <don-sourceforge-xxzw <at> isis.cs3-inc.com>
Subject: PROBE-DIRECTORY
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.clisp.general
Date: Friday 20th January 2012 03:04:12 UTC (over 5 years ago)
impnotes says:
 (EXT:PROBE-DIRECTORY pathname) tests whether pathname exists and is a
 directory. It will, unlike PROBE-FILE or TRUENAME, not SIGNAL an ERROR
 if the parent directory of pathname does not exist.

This means to me that I should expect a result of T or NIL, at least
if I provide an argument that can be interpreted as a pathname, e.g.,
either "xxx" or #p"xxx".

 (ext:probe-directory "/xxx")

*** - PROBE-DIRECTORY: Not a directory: #P"/xxx"
The following restarts are available:

Shouldn't this return nil?
So far I only see how to make it return t and generate the error
above.