From: Alexandre Gravier <alexandre.gravier <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Getting CLisp to provide docstrings for documentation pop-up in AutoComplete
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.clisp.general
Date: Thursday 27th October 2011 06:52:21 UTC (over 5 years ago)
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 3:25 AM, Sam Steingold  wrote:
>> * Alexandre Gravier  [2011-10-21 21:16:26
+0800]:

>> However, on CLisp, (documentation 'mapcar 'function) returns NIL, so
>> the AC documentation pops up as "not documented".
>
> indeed, this is unfortunate. http://www.cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC

Thank you for your reply. I will consider incrementally submitting
patches to document standard functions, and later modifying
src/documentation.lisp if necessary. My understanding of Common Lisp
and of the CLisp implementation has to improve before I'm able to
produce something useful, but adding documentation should be a good
exercise, regardless of whether you'll like my patches. I'll get on it
soon, hopefully.

> (describe 'mapcar) should point your browser to CLHS though, see
> http://clisp.org/impnotes/debugger.html#describe
>
> --
> Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 11.04
(natty) X 11.0.11004000