From: Sam Steingold <sds <at> gnu.org>
Subject: Re: no makefile found, piped makemake, make check-tests failed
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.clisp.general
Date: Tuesday 25th October 2011 19:30:32 UTC (over 5 years ago)
> * Mark Lippmann <[email protected]> [2011-10-24 22:19:54 -0400]:
>
> I'm running configure in .../clisp-2.49 and it seems to succeed. But,
> neither make nor myself can find a Makefile.
>
> ./configure buildme --prefix=/mnt/local/gdrive/public/lippmann/libraries
/
> --with-libreadline-prefix=/mnt/local/gdrive/public/lippmann/libraries /
> --with-libsigsegv-prefix=/mnt/local/gdrive/public/lippmann/libraries /
> --with-libiconv-prefix=/mnt/local/gdrive/public/lippmann/libraries /
> --with-module=libsvm --with-module=rawsock
>
> The buildme directory has many files, but no Makefile. I also can't find
> config.lisp. I'm on a quad core AMD64. uname -rs gives me "Linux
> 2.6.37.6-0.7-xen."

you want to pass --cbc (configure-build-check) to ./configure above
see unix/INSTALL.

> RUN-TEST: started #
> make[1]: *** [tests] Segmentation fault

if you observe the same on the hg head, please file a bug report.
there is a link to "How do I report bugs?" on <http://clisp.org/>
(I am not giving the actual link because I think you might find other
links on that page useful too).

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 11.04
(natty) X 11.0.11004000