From: Alexandre Gravier <alexandre.gravier <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Getting CLisp to provide docstrings for documentation pop-up in AutoComplete
Newsgroups: gmane.lisp.clisp.general
Date: Friday 21st October 2011 13:16:26 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hello CLispers,

I encounter a problem when using CLisp (latest hg clone, fresh from
2011.10.20) and Slime (latest dev) + AutoComplete (1.4.20110207) +
AC-Slime (latest dev). AC-Slime is an AutoComplete source for Slime:
https://github.com/purcell/ac-slime

I am relatively new to Lisp and even newer to CLisp (I used to use
SBCL, and started to use CLisp to follow the Land of Lisp standard),
so correct me if I'm saying something untrue.

My understanding is that AC-Slime calls (documentation '
'function) when looking up the documentation to pop-up for .

However, on CLisp, (documentation 'mapcar 'function) returns NIL, so
the AC documentation pops up as "not documented".

I believe that Common Lisp implementations are free to provide these
doc strings, so it's possibly the expected behavior that I am
observing; however, if someone could either confirm that this is the
expected behavior in CLisp or help me understand how to set up
AC-Slime for CLisp, I would be most grateful.

Thank you and have a great week-end.
Alexandre