From: Luca Olivetti <luca <at> ventoso.org>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.1
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.vdr
Date: Monday 15th September 2008 16:46:46 UTC (over 9 years ago)
En/na Klaus Schmidinger ha escrit:
> On 09/07/08 16:48, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>> El Sun, 07 Sep 2008 12:11:35 +0200
>> Klaus Schmidinger  escribió:
>> t.
>>>    + cTransfer no longer uses cRemux, and doesn't run a separate
>>> thread any more. It just generates a PAT/PMT and sends all received
>>> TS packets to the primary device's PlayTs().
>> Just asking before I try to recompile everything, but does it mean that
>> output plugins (xine, dxr3, etc.) have to be rewritten?
>
> They can implement cDevice::PlayTs() if they need to handle the TS
> packets by themselves. Otherwise the TS payload will be extracted from
> the TS, assembled to complete PES packets and delivered via the existing
> PlayVideo() and PlayAudio() functions.

Well, I didn't manage to get anything from the dxr3 plugin (no image and
no sound) while xine (0.8.0) has no audio, it manages to get some video
*but* it's stuttering/slow-motion like and it's spitting various FIXME
(it seems it has trouble in recognizing the packets that it receives),
e.g., it fails in a condition like this one:

      if (0x00 != Data[ 0 ]
           || 0x00 != Data[ 1 ]
           || 0x01 != Data[ 2 ])
       {
         VERBOSE_NOP(); <-- here it outputs a FIXME
         break;
       }

Maybe it's the same problem that causes the dxr3 plugin to fail, I don't
know.

Bye
--
Luca