Home
Reading
Searching
Subscribe
Sponsors
Statistics
Posting
Contact
Spam
Lists
Links
About
Hosting
Filtering
Features Download
Marketing
Archives
FAQ
Blog
 
Gmane
From: Martin Pitt <martin.pitt <at> ubuntu.com>
Subject: Minutes from the Technical Board Meeting
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.ubuntu.devel.announce
Date: Tuesday 25th January 2011 15:48:25 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Minutes from Technical Board meeting on 2011-01-25

This is also available on the wiki at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TechnicalBoard/TeamReports/11/January

Chair: Martin Pitt
Present: Colin Watson, Kees Cook
Apologies: Mark Shuttleworth, Matt Zimmerman, Scott James Remnant
Guests: Xavier Robin
Next chair: Scott

== Action review ==
 * mdz - Set the release manager to ubuntu-release: carried over
 * mdz - Review ubuntu-drivers membership and make sure it includes (only)
people who need to manage blueprints: carried over
 * mdz - Review ubuntu-release membership: carried over
 * mdz - Set the owner/maintainer to techboard: carried over
 * mdz - announce something to ubuntu-devel-announce: carried over
 * bdmurray - file bug about bug supervisor not being able to set bug
reporting guidelines for Ubuntu as a whole (not just packages): carried
over

 * pitti - file bug about the fact that uploaders cannot target bugs to
series (IBugNomination.CanApprove): Done, Bug:451390

== Default ntpd configuration (Bug:104525) ==
 * Xavier already asked for `X.ubuntu.pool.ntp.org` to be created, and it
is working.
 * Provides round-robin with geolocation, and thus should provide more
decentralized service on average
 * The only concern is about their quality assessment, otherwise this was
regarded as an improvement
 * Action: Martin to check with James Troup about current quality
experience of pool.ntp.org
 * Action: Martin to add TB as vendor contact point for http://groups.google.com/group/ntppool-vendors?pli=1
 * TB will review this topic again in the next meeting once above actions
are done.

== Seamonkey microrelease SRU exception ==
 * Martin and Mark already voted +1 by mail; Kees and Colin voted +1 in
meeting
 * Approved and added to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates/MicroReleaseExceptions

-- 
Martin Pitt                        | http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com)  | Debian Developer  (www.debian.org)
 
CD: 3ms