From: Nigel Cunningham <ncunningham <at> linuxmail.org>
Subject: Suspend2 - Request for review & inclusion in -mm
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.swsusp.devel
Date: Monday 26th June 2006 15:47:16 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Hi all.

I'd like, at long last, to submit Suspend2 for review and inclusion in -mm.

All going well, I'll shortly be sending a number of sets of patches, which
together represent the whole of suspend2 as it stands at the moment. Those
of
you who've looked at Suspend2 code before will see that there are far fewer

changes outside of kernel/power than there have been in the past. In some
cases, this is because we were early adopters of some functionality that
has
now been merged, and in others because better, less intrusive ways have
been
found of doing some things.

Some of the advantages of suspend2 over swsusp and uswsusp are:

- Speed (Asynchronous I/O and readahead for synchronous I/O)
- Well tested in a wide range of configurations
- Supports multiple swap partitions and files
- Supports writing to ordinary files and raw devices.
- Userspace helpers for user interface and storage management.
- Support for cancelling the suspend at any point while the image is being
written (can be disabled)
- Can be configured and reconfigured without rebooting.
- Scripting support

I'm very much part-time on this, so please accept my apologies in advance
if
I'm slow in replying to responses.

A git tree is now available on kernel.org:

http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/nigelc/suspend2-2.6.git;a=summary

Regards,

Nigel
--