From: Michal Hrusecky <mhrusecky-AlSwsSmVLrQ <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Re: [opensuse-factory] Timeline and roadmap V2
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.suse.opensuse.project
Date: Thursday 30th January 2014 16:31:04 UTC (over 3 years ago)
 wrote:
> > Henne Vogelsang - 15:15 30.01.14 wrote:
> >> Hey,

> >> Shit happens :-) So this means that your team at SUSE is not going to
do
> >> anything for the openSUSE release at least until August and then you
> >> decide if you "come back" or not? Is that correct?
> >
> > Basically, yes. It not completely nothing. We are going to work on
projects we
> > outlined in separate mails, like staging projects, openQA and
integrating all
> > of it into Factory workflow, basically trying to make Factory more
stable which
> > should benefit the release and ultimately reduce the work needed for
the
> > actual release, but yes, we are not going to put any direct effort into
release
> > till August when we will see what next.
> >

> I realise this is probably going to sound sarcastic and that is not
> intended, but does this mean your team are going to get a rename?
>
> We had the "Boosters" when the team existed to boost and bootstrap the
> Project, calling you "The openSUSE Team" (sometimes with the added
> suffix @SUSE) made sense when your team was focused on making sure the
> project got openSUSE releases out of the door, but if that's taking a
> backseat for 6 months, what name makes sense?
>
> The "openSUSE Team except when we're working on OBS or openQA" doesn't
> really have a good ring to it and isn't descriptive.

Well, with Boosters we were boosting mainly by lowering barriers and making
sure there no obstacles in contributors way. Now openSUSE Team is going to
work
on openSUSE Factory (Factory is openSUSE as well) trying to improve it by
making sure we have a better more automatized tools to manage it.

But personally I agree that openSUSE Team @ SUSE is not a good team name
regardless of what we do (well, if we worked on furniture, it would be even
worse fitting name :-D )

--
Michal HRUSECKY                                   SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.
openSUSE Team                                     Lihovarska 1060/12