From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds-de/tnXTf+JLsfHDXvbKv3WD2FQJk+8+b <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Re: [RFC] Simplifying kernel configuration for distro issues
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.suse.kernel
Date: Monday 16th July 2012 16:50:41 UTC (over 5 years ago)
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM,
wrote:

> The problem is that you can't select the Fedora profile and then unselect
> SELINUX, so the profile will do you no good.

Guys, stop it now.

Your "problem" isn't what any sane person cares about, and isn't what
I started the RFC for.

Seriously. NOBODY CARES.

You can do what you want to do *today*. Just edit the config file, or
use any of the millions of config tools. Stop whining.

The thing I'm asking for is for normal people. Make it easy for people
who DO NOT CARE about the config file to just build a kernel for their
machine.

Don't complicate the issue by bringing up some totally unrelated
question. Don't derail a useful feature for the 99% because you're not
in it.

                    Linus

CD: 2ms