From: Thomas Gleixner <tglx <at> linutronix.de>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] 2.6.31-rc6-rt2
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.rt.user
Date: Sunday 16th August 2009 20:41:59 UTC (over 8 years ago)
We are pleased to announce the next update to our new preempt-rt
series.

    - update to 2.6.31-rc6

    - ARM updates (Uwe Kleine-Koenig)

    - OF fixes

    - threaded interrupt crash fix (Linus)

    - locking build fix

    - minor fixes all over the place

There is a known boot problem on PSeries machines which is still
investigated by Will. If you have access to such a beast please help
to get this decoded.

I have not merged one of the proposed fixed for the ARM highmem
problem. We really want someone with such a hardware to have a look
and confirm the fix.

Download locations:

    http://rt.et.redhat.com/download/
    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/

Git release branch:
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip.git
rt/2.6.31-rc6

Git development branch:
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip.git
rt/head

Gitweb:
    http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tip/linux-2.6-tip.git;a=shortlog;h=rt/2.6.31-rc6

Information on the RT patch can be found at:

    http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page

to build the 2.6.31-rc6-rt2 tree, the following patches should be
applied:

    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.30.tar.bz2
    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/patch-2.6.31-rc6.bz2
    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/patch-2.6.31-rc6-rt2.bz2

Thanks to Clark and John for collecting patches and providing updated
trees while I was on vacation.

Enjoy !

       tglx